Sunday, November 21, 2010

Because Hand-Knit Dishcloths Just Weren't Enough

Recently I told you about the lovely, hand-knit dishcloths that I made while waiting to move into Bog Ridge. Now I'd like to share what I else I used that pattern for:
That's right - a hand-knit bath mat!

It took a long time to make, but it was the perfect deep-winter project last year when the lack of light made even the simplest projects seem a little too much for me to tackle!
It's very cushy on my toes when I step out of the shower, and I love to see it hanging there whenever I go into the room.
It's become one of the elements that make the bathroom at Bog Ridge a dream come true for yours truly.

2 comments:

Christina Claassen said...

Wow, I love it. It looks so perfect. Nice work.

Melissa Placzek said...

Awesome! You've inspired me to make one! :) I'm also thinking about trying to make some of those cool, old fashioned crocheted hot pads...because I don't have enought to do...hee hee ;)