Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Susan's Green and Brown Fingerless Gloves

After attending the last Lost in the Woods Knitting Retreat, I was inspired to knit a new pair of fingerless gloves.  I had discovered a ton of great new options at the retreat but I knew that I really shouldn't buy anymore yarn. So, I decided to knit one of the many projects I was already equipped for and ended up choosing "Susan's Green and Brown Fingerless Gloves."


I had purchased this pattern and the yarn for the project from Sisu Designs about a year ago.  (Apparently, I went out on a limb they day I chose this project and opted for blue and brown instead of green and brown.) I guess the retreat was the inspiration I needed to finally get to work!


The pattern alternates two yarns in a ribbed pattern.  I chose Cascade Yarns Eco Alpaca and L'Ana D'oro.  I have knit fingerless gloves in alpaca before, and although they were heavenly, they ended up stretching a lot.  I am hoping since I have combined alpaca with another yarn in these mitts they will hold their shape a little longer. 


For now, all I can say is I love them and they are incredibly soft!

No comments: