Monday, May 12, 2008

Running East and West



Scott ran out to The Homestead yesterday to get some measurements, and he took these photos while he was there. I wanted to share them because I think that if you use the car as a reference point, you can get a good idea of the building site. The property is 5 acres - 200 feet wide and then the rest is length running east and west. The building site is at the west end of the strip, near the road, and then there's lots of room to wander back to the east edge, which borders forest service land. If a person felt like hiking or snow-shoeing, they could go right into the forest and out to a lake. There is also room for a "secondary structure" (in other words, a small cabin) back there.

And yes, that car is Scott's new ride. He sold his pick-up before we left WA, and my dad helped us locate this replacement. It's a Toyota Corolla and it's got tinted windows and a spoiler (I think that's what they call it). I love driving it - when I'm alone, I turn up my David Bowie and pretend I'm Starbuck from Battlestar Gallactica.

No comments: