Thursday, May 15, 2008

New Routine



Well, this is it for the first week of Scott's new job. I love the fact that it's only Thursday and it's the weekend already. The ten-hour days are a little long, but it's not that bad and the extra day off is worth it. We've had a lot of rain, so Scott spent most of his time in the office doing paperwork and data entry. He did get to go out into the field yesterday to look for goshawks (?). The birds are apparently elusive, however, and he never saw one. He did get to see a moose, some fog eggs, and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember.

Jack and I have been working mornings at the shop. Traffic has been slow - the weather, combined with the price of gas, is not encouraging tourists. But, the lack of customers has given me a chance to do a little yard work - which is something I love and it's great since I don't have my own place to work on. Today Jack and I were at the shop when Susan met with a yarn rep, and I got to pick out new yarn for the shop. Some of the yarn will be for a sweater I will knit - Jack can wear it for awhile but it will otherwise be a shop model. What a deal! It is a sweater I have been eyeing since before I was even pregnant.

The knitting bag I am sewing to sell at the shop is almost finished. It is a little over the top (in terms of the luxurious fabric I am using) and I am so excited about it that I have a hard time breathing when I work on it.

Natalie came to play with Jack twice this week, and it was fabulous! Jack obviously adores her, and I enjoy her company as well. I also enjoy the break it gives me.

----------------
Now playing: Maurice Gendron - Bach (JS): Cello Suite #6 In D, Bwv 1012 - 5. Gavottes 1 & 2
via FoxyTunes

No comments: