Friday, June 20, 2008

Busy Week


It's been a busy week, with Scott putting in long days and extra days. Jack bonked his head at least three times, and momma suffered some from lack of mental space. Jack is quite clingy with me right now, saying "up" - meaning he wants me to pick him up - about a thousand times a day. Not much sewing going on, or headway on much else for that matter. We've decided to see if Natalie can put in a few more hours as momma's helper, and also to see if her older sister has any openings in her schedule - if so, I'll have her do some actual baby sitting. I did walk five miles each day this week . . .

The weather's been great, and the town is hopping. I enjoyed the deli counter of the grocery store tonight, where a multi-generational tourist group was ordering pasties - a local delicacy pronounced "paasty" (rhyming with "nasty"). The younger guy shifted his feet uncomfortably as the older guy kept referring to them as "paste-ies" (rhyming with tasty). I just smiled and suggested they order gravy on the side. I continued smiling as I walked to the car, feeling fortunate to live in a place that attracts people from all over the world.

No new photos just now - here's another from Grand Marais.

No comments: