Monday, February 16, 2009

Back to Normal?





We have been so busy lately, I am ready for things to get back to normal!

I had a big sale a couple of weeks ago and was very successful. Lots of sales plus special orders. At this point, I have more work than I can keep up with. That is great but it also tells me that I can and should "up" my prices. A number of people have told me that I am underpricing my work, and even though I am working full time at this and continually selling all of my products, I am not yet "making a living". My plan for my next skrapyram steps are: fill special orders, make products to sell at a knitting retreat being held at the end of Feb., set up my etsy shop, pursue new retail vendors. While in Sioux Falls recently, I did visit Athena Fibers and they are going to carry some of my knitting bags and needle cases. Also, my friend Ann recently visited Ely and took some of my bags back to St. Cloud where she is going to show them to a store there. I also have other leads on stores that may be interested.

Jack is really thrilling us lately. He is so fun to have around. He is impressing me with his smarts: he sings the ABC's, can count to 20 and says "I'm to glad to SEE you!" He still doesn't sleep much, though, which is hard on me and Scott. I am trying to think of some of the other cute things he says, but it's hard to remember everything. I do know that he could probably use a haircut but I am not quite ready for that!

Uma came home from Sioux Falls with us recently and she is wonderful. Very Gus-like in her demeanor, although she is smaller and a little more playful. She LOVES going for walks and likes to be where the action is. She doesn't mind Jack and even seems to enjoy being with him. She is also gorgeous and unbelievably soft.

No comments: