Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's Obviously Been Far Too Long


Since all of my sewing stuff is packed up, I haven't done any sewing for months. But for whatever reason, I had a burning need to try sewing with Jack on our last "Mommy and Jack Day". The plan was to make a simple square pillow with a zipper in it. Sewing with a 3-1/2 year old might seem like a challenging prospect, but Jack actually did a great job: He pressed the foot pedal while I ran the fabric through the machine. But I was the one who was having trouble - for the life of me I just couldn't wrap my mind around the zipper installation. I finally found a helpful tutorial here but - even though I kept working on the project after Jack went to bed that night - the pillow is still not done. I guess the lesson here is not to put my sewing machine away for so long!

No comments: