Saturday, January 1, 2011

Now - Cross Stitch!

I have so many projects in the works right now, it's hard to know what to focus on. Luckily I've had several days off from work, with still more days off ahead of me. That is giving me time for my latest obsession - cross stitch. I've been working on this piece from Amy Karol:


I am itching to get this done, and not only because I am going to love hanging the finished project on my wall. I also want to get it done so that I can get started on the first project in the Embroidery Companion Sew Along being hosted by Annette:


Want to join us? The first project will be days of the week dish towels - classic! Since the project uses back stitch, which I "mastered" last week, I am pretty sure I can handle it. We'll see!

3 comments:

Annette said...

Hi Mary, Thank you for your lovely mention of the sew along. Currently I'm still intimidated on transfering the designs. They're all enlarged and ready to tranfer. Today is the day I take the plunge, wish me luck!

Itchin' Stitchin' said...

Oh I can't wait to see the finished cross stitch you started!! I love red stitching - so classic :)

skrapyram said...

I'm still waiting for my toweling to arrive, but I did get the cross stitch finished. I have it photographed, but I have been busy with other things and haven't been able to post the photo. Things should get back to "normal" in a few days and then I'll then I'll have time to post it. And more importantly - I'll have time for more stitching!