Thursday, September 29, 2011

Circular Knitting Needle Cases

Well, the knitting retreat is now only one day away.  I took several days off from the library this month to sew new skrapyram goodies for the retreat and -  although I probably spent more time rearranging furniture than I should have -  I am really happy with the new batch of circular knitting needle cases I ended up with.  Here are two examples, photographed outside on a very sunny day:

There's this one in green linen (the lining is a sturdy brown linen)


And this one in red herringbone tweed.  The lining is red velvet.


Each of these has nine pockets inside and is secured by a cord that wraps around a button.  Picking out the perfect button is one of my favorite parts of the process!

I'll have these and other circular needle cases for sale at the retreat.   I'll also be selling straight needle cases, zippered pouches and, of course, a few bags.  I think the weather is supposed to be great this weekend, so the retreat should be fantastic.  I am particularly excited about the "show and tell" on Saturday afternoon, as well as the chance to make progress on my cable knit legwarmers!

3 comments:

Melissa Placzek said...

LOVE the new look of your site!

skrapyram said...

Thanks, Melissa! I'm still fiddling . . .

Melissa Placzek said...

Me too. Trying to come up with a badge that represents me has been a challenge. We'll get there :)