Thursday, May 13, 2010

let's make it a skrapyram summer


I know, I know - I have not been very good at keeping up with this blog lately. But things have been happening with skrapyram!

On April 30, 2010 Ely Community Resource held their annual art auction and skrapyram was there! All in all, ECR raised $13,500 for youth programs in Ely. My contribution was a small linen purse with blue embroidery, velvet lining and a vintage button.

I have also been busy sewing new bags. Just today I delivered 35 new bags, purses and knitting needle cases to two of Ely's finest shops. The summer crowd is already trickling into town, so stop into Mealy's or Sisu Designs soon for the best selection!

What about my online "etsy" shop? Alas, my recent experiment did not go well. In fact, I set the shop to "vacation mode" over a month ago and I have not been back since. It's become obvious that with the library job, the ("very vital") small child and the house construction, the online retailing is just a little too much! My current thinking is that I will revisit the etsy idea again next winter after we have settled into the new house.

Stay tuned!

No comments: