Monday, August 16, 2010

Focaccia d'Altamura



Here is the super yummy onion-tomato focaccia I made to go with last night's dinner.

For the crust I used my favorite whole wheat pizza dough from The New Basics Cookbook. I had actually taken dough out of the freezer for pizza earlier in the week, but then it turned out to be too hot to bake pizza! I wasn't sure how the dough would be after sitting in the fridge that long - it had a definite sour dough smell to it - but it was just fine, maybe even better.

For the topping, I used tomatoes from our little front porch garden and a simple marinade recipe adapted from the Barefoot Contessa:

1 small onion thinly sliced
3 ripe cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

Baked at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes - Delicious!

No comments: